Everything you need to know about USB Menu Interface and it’s important for wedding video clients and vendors.
Wedding photographs and videos are among the most important part of a couple’s special day. There are a lot of aspects of the wedding which the couple and the family miss during the event and these videos and photographs are the only way to relive those moments. There was a time when wedding albums were mainly provided in printed format only along with DVDs or CDs for the videos. Yes, the wedding albums are still more charming in printed format for the photographers are now providing soft copies in CDs or DVDs as well.
The shift to USB interface
In the last few years, the USB drives are penetrating more into the wedding business. There are a lot of benefits of providing USB drives instead of CDs or DVDs. First of you can present them in custom-made boxes. It is even possible to engrave the company information on the USB drive. These drives come in a variety of shapes and sizes and some companies even offer custom made USB drives as well. Additionally, the TV screens and home theater systems have USB compatible ports where you can play the content directly from the drives. In the end, they are extremely easy to store.
Now, in the case of CDs and DVDs, there is an option, in the beginning, to choose the particular part of the event and play it. That selection menu is called DVD Menu Interface. Unfortunately, most of the videographers do not understand its importance or do not know how to add such interface in USB drives. USB Menu Interface is an interactive autoplay file of the drive which provides the user to select a particular portion of the event or the slideshow of the images to play.
The main point is, it is very important to give the content a personal touch in connection with the couple. Let us discuss the benefits of the USB Menu Interface for the end user or we can say the couple.
- User-friendly: It is a fact that not all users or couples are tech savvy. No matter how advanced the technology is in this world right now, there are a few people who do not want to get in touch with it. They can be the couple themselves or the family members of the couple. With USB Menu Interface, you can make the watching experience much more user-friendly. All they need to do is to plug-in the drive on TV or computer and it will auto load the menu.
- Attractive: Think about it and imagine what you will prefer. Would you like to receive the files as just list of events or you want the drive to auto loads the menu with your photograph in the background? Of course, you will like to opt for the second option and it is same with every single user.
- More personal: There are so many options that can make it more fun to watch. You can add couple’s best photograph or a collage of photograph in the background of the menu which will give it a personal and emotional touch.
- Easier navigation: With the USB menu even a technologically challenged person can choose the event to watch without external help.
Let us now discuss the benefits for the vendors i.e. videographers, cinematographers and the photographers.
- Personalized approach: You, as a vendor, can add a lot of information on the menu. You can provide a link to your website or social media accounts. You can add a logo, the name of the company and contact information right on the menu.
- Saves time: In comparison to Blu-Ray, DVDs, and CDs, creating USB drives for product delivery is much faster.
- Quick rendering: When you convert the content to Blu-Ray, DVD or CD, it takes a lot of time to render all files in right format. It is much quicker in case of USB drives.
For any newly wedded couple, the wedding videos are the amazing ‘ray of joy’ that brings back a flood of emotions. These videos and photographs are watched repeatedly over time and USB drives are the best way to preserve them. You can not only make quick copies of the drives but the USB Menu Interface can add a special personalized touch for every couple receiving the end product.