When you come across a video background on a website for the first time it pops-up a good number of questions in mind. Those beautiful 15-30 seconds videos are good enough to entice you to the website and there is no secret that you may want the same for your website as well. The first question that comes across while watching these websites with video background is that if you should consider it or not and if you should consider that what all can you add? Let’s discuss the objectives and possibilities one by one.
Who should consider?
Frankly speaking, any company or individual who has a product or a service to showcase to the client can use video backgrounds on the website. You can be a photographer, videographer, dress designer, Makeup artist, jeweler, baker, handmade gift seller or anyone from any other field. The basic idea behind using a video in the background especially on the homepage is to give a clearer idea about the products and the services to the visitors.
How can it be used?
There are two ways by which you can create a video background. The first way is by using smaller clips to clear a video montage of your work which can include products, services, behind the scene videos etc. The second way is by using the still images to create a video slideshow which can showcase the products of the services.
Different options for different niche
The niche of every website owner is different. Thus it is very important to understand what can be shown in the background video. We have compiled a few examples below which will give you a better idea of what you can include in such videos.
- For photographers: Whether you are a product, fashion, wedding or contemporary photographer, the work is entirely different from the other photographers. In case of weddings and fashion photography, you can showcase your best work in the form of slideshows, or you can also add behind the scene videos where you can show what all goes in the process of creating those photographs. In case of product photography, you can show how you illuminated the product to look better in the photographs and so on.
- For videographers: It is much easier for the videographers to have video backgrounds on their website as they already have a lot of content related to the final product as well as behind the scene videos. You can use a blend of both which will give an idea to the visitor how much work it takes to create those magical videos. Alternatively, you can concentrate only on a montage of final edited video clips.
- Dress designers: The dress designers can showcase the latest products in the form of a ramp show, a fashion show or can produce a video showcasing the work that goes behind creating a piece of elegant dress. You can also make a stop motion animation of the process to make it even more interesting.
- Makeup artists: Makeup artists can showcase before and after images, behind the scenes, and a slideshow of final results.
- Jewelers: Just like the dress designers, the jewelers can either showcase a new range of products or showcase the work that goes behind make different pieces of jewelry.
- Bakers: Bakers have a lot of fascinating products and the process of making these products like biscuits, cakes etc. is also very interesting to watch. You can create a small video which runs through the process of cake making or can simply showcase a slideshow of the products you provide.
The minor glitch
There is only one problem with the video background on a website, and that is the loading time. If the video size is big, then it will take some time to buffer which can increase the exit rate on your page. To avoid such situation, you should keep the length of the video between 15 to 30 seconds which is more than enough to give the glimpse of your work to the visitor. You can also keep a smaller video in a loop which will substantially reduce the loading time.
In short, any business can come up with an idea of a video background for the services or the products. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that you have to keep the size of the video short so that the loading time of the page with video background can be controlled.